In 2008, Julien Bayle, artist & technologist with a scientific background, founds his own studio for supporting his audiovisual art creation.
In 2010, the studio becomes an official training center in France. This major step allows us to provide professionally recognized trainings in France. People could then find many ways for funding their training and consulting, from companies for which they were working to other kind of funding organizations. From passionned amateurs to artists, art & design teachers, or researchers, audio programming experts mastering signal processing, we got a lot of requests and started to work with amazing people as teachers, but also consultants and developers. We were teaching Ableton Live, Max for Live, Max 8 (MaxMSP), Arduino, Processing and all possible combinations between those.
This is also during 2010 that we had a big step: Julien Bayle got his official Ableton Certification from Ableton, this latter have been updated for each versions since then.
Then, since 2010, Julien Bayle Studio deployed his courses, consultancy and expertise in very various fields and through very various collaboration ways, from simple contract relationships to more long-term trust and partnerships.
Late 2020, facing new requests both in teaching and consultancy fields related to audiovisual creation, Julien Bayle Studio becomes STRUCTURE VOID in order to provide a wider range of service and to have a wider vision.
Why people are calling us at STRUCTURE VOID ?
Our big experiences in the fields of sound and video processing, interaction, creation tools programming allow us today to be one of the unmissable actor of creative technology area.
Next to training actions we are still providing, we are able to study complex projects in which companies & people want to merge sound, visuals, interaction, generativity and data. We help them to understand what and how they can achieve them, as we can also develop and program all underlying technologies they need.
We are able to connect systems and perceptive modalities which were not usually intended to be related.
Here are some selected examples of projects in which we could have provided our expertise :
- sound spatialization system with high order ambisonic,
- real-time social network data sonification (transforming data flows into sound),
- software synthesizers design with real-time modulations using various physical sensors,
- real-time sound analysis (sound features extractions from incoming signals),
- VST plugins design,
- audio-reactive visuals system design (visuals reacting to incoming sound signal),
- software & hardware interface design for controlling Ableton Live (MIDI Remote Scripts custom programming)
Professional references & Collaborators
Under our different shapes, we have been lucky to work with a very various kind of structures and people. Here are some of them.
- ANSYS, Worldwide
- Société des Arts Technologiques, Montréal, Canada
- Intorno Labs, Barcelona, Spain
- Haute école d’art et de design (HEAD), Genève, Switzerland
- École Supérieure d’Art et de Design Marseille Méditerranée (ESDAMM), Marseille, France
- Escola Superior de Media Artes e Design (ESMAD), Porto, Portugal
- St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences, Sankt Pölten, Austria
- Université de Nantes, Nantes, France
- Laboratoire de Mathématiques Jean Leray – CNRS, Nantes, France
- Laboratoire de Mécanique et Acoustique – CNRS, Marseille, France
- GMEM, Marseille, France
- Fond Régional D’art Contemporain PACA, Marseille, France
- Museum of Modern Art of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Elastic Arts, Chicago, USA
- Stéreolux, Nantes, France
- Nouveau Musée National de Monaco, Monaco
- Interact Gallery, Leicester, UK
- Asia Culture Center / Institute, Gwangju, South Korea
- Museum of Transitory Art, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Bibliothèque de l’Alcazar, Marseille, France
- Day For Night Festival, Houston, USA
- MIRA Festival, Barcelona, Spain
- Transient Festival, Paris, France
- Escuchar program Museum of Modern Art, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Cynetart Festival, Dresden, Germany
- Volumens Festival, Valencia, Spain
- ACT Festival, Gwangju, South Korea
- AMI, Marseille, France
- RIAM Festival, Marseille, France
- Todays Art Festival, The Hague, Netherlands
- DAVE Festival, Dresde, Germany
- Biennale Nemo, Paris, France
- Spektrum, Berlin, Germany
- Sound:Frame, Vienne, Austria
- Scopitone / Stéréolux, Nantes, France