Teaching since: 2007
Certified by Ableton in 2010
Profile: Teacher online & face-to-face, Consultant and programmer, Artist
Languages: English, French, Italian
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web : http://julienbayle.net
Julien Bayle is a multidisciplinary & independent artist based in France, working at the juncture of sound & visual. He merges visual art, music composition and physical approach of sound art by creating advanced programmed installations and audio/visual live performances.
His work is based on both experimentations and programming, using concepts of time expansion & contraction as main guidelines. His interests for microsound and granular synthesis recently started to expand his work and open a new way of including field recording based sounds into his practice.
He seeks to depict a world saturated by meaningless informations , societies complexity through a positive-nihilist kind of deconstruction of processes, structures and results.
He describes his work as “located at the border between his inner world and the world”, this constantly changing limit representing his vision in a specific moment of time.
He performs & exhibits his work internationally in festival & galleries like MIRA Festival in Spain, ELEKTRA in Canada, Todays Art in Netherlands, ACT Festival in South-Korea, Day for Night in US, Museum of Modern Art in Buenos Aires, David Roberts Art Foundation in London, for the main ones.
He teaches creative technology & new media art as guest professor in various art schools in Europe & outside. He facilitated the launch of one of the few Ableton Certified Center at the place of one of his more prestigious collaborators : Sound research lab Laboratoire de Mécanique et Acoustique in Marseille, France and as an Ableton Certified Trainer.
He founded and leaded the now defunct art label Bordille Records with François Larini, and worked closely with & records for Canadian imprint Yatra Arts and was part of the selected artists for SHAPE Network.
In 2017, he founds and launches vøid label for editing and publishing his new works.
This same year, he also officially founds his own studio
In 2020, he launches Structure Void intended to cover all his teaching, consulting and programming activities for people.
Some Interviews and References
– Uncertainty / interview by David Abravanel for K-Devices (read)
– Exploring Audiovisual creativity / CLOT Magazine (read)
– Julien Bayle for Chain D.L.K. (read)
– The Beauty of Technology / Metal Magazine (read)
– Apparition & Algorithms / Interview / +CODE 2018 (watch)
– Beyond Form: A Partnership of Spiritual Vision and Brutalist Flesh (read)
– FRGMENTS Artist Talk (watch)
– MATTER project interview by Radio Grenouille (listen)
– The Audiovisual deconstruction of Julien Bayle / POSTmatter (here)
– Festival ELEKTRA et IX 2016 | SIG.INT / Art-Facto (read)
– Discussion with Lucia Udvardyova / SHAPE Network (read)
– Discussion with the Cycling 74’s Darwin Grosse (Listen to the podcast 111)
– Live performance & review by Secret Thirteen (read & listen)
– Text interview by Cycling 74’s Darwin Grosse (Cycling 74)
– ALPHA live performance at RIAM Festival (radio-grenouille.com)
– Julien Bayle: Uncertainty, Fragility, Max, and Live (ableton.com)
– Future of light & sound (part one and part two on futureoflight.philips.com)
– Discussion with the Cycling 74’s Darwin Grosse (Listen to the podcast 017)
– Focus sur Julien Bayle, artiste numérique (New Media Art Infos)
– An interview with Julien Bayle (Cycling 74)
– Ableton Live 9 : l’interview qui vous dit tout ! (Elephorm)